A visit from you would truly brighten the day of our St. Mary’s Home
family members. Whether you come to assist our Residents to get
from their room to the dining room at lunch, or stroll with one of
them in our garden while listening to their life experience, your
presence touches the elderly who live here.By volunteering regularly or for special events, you will experience happiness yourself as you offer the Residents companionship and joy!
Current Volunteer Needs:
On-going Volunteer Opportunities:
- Visiting Residents during the week or on weekends.
- Assisting with serving Residents’ meals.
- Assisting with activities including bingo games, monthly birthday parties and seasonal special events.
- Baking with our Residents or Sisters to help raise funds for our Missions.
- Escorting a Resident to an appointment during the week.
- Serving ice cream in our ice cream parlor.
- Assisting in the maintenance around the home and garden.
- Helping with laundry on Monday, Thursday and Friday.
- Cleaning wheel chairs.
- Making Residents’ beds.
- Helping with Rummage Sales by collecting and sorting items to sell, setting up prior to sale and managing sales.
- Participating in Holiday events: 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s and more!
- Want to host your own event with a group? Let us know!
For those interested in volunteering, please contact Peter M. Harley: (773) 935-9600 or firstname.lastname@example.org